Sunday, June 17, 2007

MMFF'07: Pulitika este Pelikula.

Mommy ko si Daddy did not make it at this years Metro Manila Film Festival. Yes ,I am sourgraping. I agree with Lav Diaz when he said that the selection committee of the MMFF are a bunch of idiots and imbeciles!I'm not saying,just agreeing. I believe we had a good story and a good cast but unfortunately Tony Gloria is neither Orly Ilacad nor Mother Lily.No offense to these two producers because I respect them .It is the MMFF selection committee who I want to question what qualifies them to be in that committee. Haber? Unitel doesn't have any political clout in the MMDA and Mommy ko si Daddy is neither a sequel nor a franchise. Kung puede ko lang i-title Mommy ko si Daddy:Enteng KabisoteV or Mommy ko si Daddy:Shake,Rasali,Rosolo XIII

A few months ago,there was a NCCA sponsored discussion were directors ,festival organizers,producers,FDCP etc. were invited to share their thoughts on how we can improve,uplift or solve problems of the Philippine Film Industry.Guess which group said in so many words that there is nothing wrong with our system (the film industry)? Yes, the MMDA people. So long as the MMFF provides lots and lots of money to its receipients (Mowelfund, OMB,FDCP) and the theaters, there's nothing that should be changed.If it ain't broke why Fix it?

Hoy Gising!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jasper Greek Lao Golangco said...

i was half-wondering whatever happened to that movie that you mentioned during our dinner/interview over a year ago...

7:29 PM  
Blogger Gia said...

Good day Mr. Meily!

My name is Gia Densing, and I'm a Communication Arts student at De La Salle University - Manila. I'm currently taking an introduction course to film and, as part of the requirements, I am tasked to write a term paper. I chose to write it on your film, "Crying Ladies"; however, my professor will not allow me to proceed unless I am able to interview you about it.

I'm sorry to leave a message on your blog, but I could find no other way to contact you, and unfortunately I am running on a very tight schedule.

I only have a few short questions, so if you are not available for an interview I could just email you a questionnaire.

If this is possible (or even if not), please reply to this comment. Thank you very, very much, and God bless!

Yours sincerely,
G. Densing

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home