Monday, March 23, 2009

Mark Meily's Screenwriting Workshop


For the past four years I have been asked to give advice to screenwriters, consult on a lot of scripts and choose which ones deserve to win awards or get grants. All this time, I read a lot of wonderful scripts that I knew would become great films (100 by Cris Martinez, Jay by Francis Passion)-- and they did. Of course, there were also a lot of screenplays that could have been great if not for some pitfalls that could have been avoided.

Sayang. I have decided to make things more organized by organizing a screenwriting workshop! In this manner, I can share my knowledge in screenwriting and at the same time coach aspiring screenwriters to write more effectively and intuitively.

The syllabus of the workshop is a combination of different techniques from different writing teachers. It does not follow one strict school of writing. You as a writer should be able to choose which path to take after the workshop. I'm just here to show you some of the different roads to reach your destination.

After this workshop, I will continue to do consultations for screenplays and be a screenwriting coach. I want to help writers write better and eventually, either sell their screenplay to producers , get work as a screenwriter or turn their screenplays into films.

All of us have a story to tell and as Chef Gusteau of Ratatouille said- "Every one can cook", I want to say - "Everyone can write screenplays".

Mark Meily's Screenwriting Workshop
April 13,14,19,20 Four day workshop from 10 am to 5pm,
Alliance Française Annex- 209 Nicanor Garcia st.(formerly Reposo), Makati
Workshop fee is P7000
Reserve now at : 632-8994056 or 63918 9422553
Limited to 22 students only so register early.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carver said...

I would have wanted to attend this. :-(

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home